Nation is in Fire on the issue of Beef :
Let us examine the issue
Since few days Cow progeny and Beef has become focus and burning issue in whole nation. If shall be addressed properly in national interest. A countrywide lobby is functioning responsible for the merciless transportation smuggling and slaughter of either Cow or Buffalo in violation of so many Union and State Acts and rules. A fair estimate is that app. 90 million cow progeny and Buffalo are transported, smuggled, slaughtered every year resulting into great loss to human generation, economy, ecology and against the wishes of millions.
In normal practice Cow meat is called as Beef. The most referred Oxford Dictionary defines " as the flesh of a cow, bull, or ox, used as food "
BUT in normal practice particularly in India it is the flesh of a Cow, Bull, Ox, or Buffalo used as food and all national and state policies, provisions are broken due to this anomaly.
Constitution of India has given priority to cows and Cows BUT has provided same safety to Buffalo also in the provisions of Directive Principle Articles 48. Organization of agriculture and animal husbandry.
The State shall Endeavour to organize agriculture and animal husbandry on modern and scientific lines and shall, in particular, take steps for preserving and improving the breeds, and prohibiting the slaughter, of cows and calves and other milch and draught cattle.
As a large quantity of BEEF is exported the EXIM Policy provisions are here as under
Chapter - 2 -Meat and Edible Meat Offal
S.No. Tariff Item HS Code Unit Item Description Export Policy Nature of Restriction
18 0201 10 00 kg Beef of cows, Prohibited Not permitted
0201 20 00 oxen and calf to be exported
0201 30 00
0202 10 00
0202 20 00
0202 30 00
Animal lovers are crying since inception for the safety of these animals.
Father of the nation,Mahatma Gandhi, our first H.E.President Dr.RajendraPrasad,Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya, Lokmanya
Bal Gangadhar Tilak, Guru Tegbhadur Ji, Guru Govind Singh Ji, Swami Vivekanand, Swami Dayanand Saraswati, Swami RamKrishna Paramhans, Goswami Tulsi Dass, Maharshi Valmiki were amongst many social, religious and political leaders who believed in protecting cows. Slaughtering of cow progeny is beyond tolerating at any cost.
Eleventh Five Year Plan (2007–2012)Agriculture, Rural Development, Industry, Services and Physical Infrastructure ANIMAL HUSBANDRY, DAIRYING, AND FISHERIES
1.78 Livestock plays an important role in Indian economy and is an important sub-sector of Indian agriculture. The contribution of livestock to the GDP is about 4.5% and the sector employs about 5.5% of the workforce. Livestock provides stability to family income especially in the arid and semi-arid regions of
the country and is an insurance against the vagaries of nature due to drought, famine, and other natural calamities. Major part of the livestock population is concentrated in the marginal and small size of holdings. Growth during the Tenth Plan has been at the rate of 3.6%.
1.79 The goals for the Eleventh Five Year Plan for the livestock sector would be(i) to achieve an overall growth between 6% and 7% per annum for the sector as a whole with milk group achieving a growth of 5.0% per annum and meat and poultry group achieving a growth of 10% per annum;(ii) the benefit of growth should be equitable, benefiting mainly the small and marginal farmers and landless laborers and should benefit poorly endowed areas like draught prone, arid, and semi-arid areas;
(iii) to provide adequate animal health services for effective disease control;
(iv) the sector should generate additional employment opportunity to people in the rural areas especially to the female population;
(v) livestock should provide major source of income in the selected areas having potential for mixed crop-livestock farming system; and
(vi) the Agriculture growth in the sector should result in the improvement of environment, specially in the rural areas.
Market opportunities have opened up for the livestock sector following the economic liberalization. But the sector’s ability to capitalize on new market opportunity is constrained by the availability and quality of support services which, at present, are mainly provided by the government. Moreover, these services are not available at the doorsteps of the producers. There is a need to restructure service delivery mechanism to become conducive to the requirement of the rural livestock producers. Lack of credit for livestock production has been a major problem. Public sector lending is very low. The strategy should be to correct these distortions and ensure timely availability of inputs and services including credit to livestock farmers.
Out of Chicken, Meat, Pork Beef normally, tropical countries do not had the habitual beef consumption like European countries. In India also beef consumption came with the entry of British Army.
Pig Meat 'Pork" is prohibited in Islam and Islamic countries due to religious compulsion.
National Cattle Commission under the Chairmanship of Chief Justice (Retd) Sri Guman Mal Lodha examined the issue at length and gave recommendations.
In 2012 this issue was crone up whenThe Working Group on Animal Husbandry & Dairying on Meat & Abattoirs Planning Commission of India reported as under
12.3.1 Since slaughter is a state subject, the actual processing of meet for exports as well as for domestic demand follow the law of the individual states, which are at variance with each other. The country needs to have consistent and uniform slaughter policy across different states to make industry competitive. There is existing ban on BEEF EXPORTS; therefore it is necessary to revise the EXIM Policy to allow BEEF ………
Several representations were made for the rectification and PLANNING COMMISSION accepted in the name of Clerical mistake and typing Error,
If the issue is not examined with fullest of importance than it may spread as Wild fire
Some immediate and long term suggestions are here as under:
1, Food laboratories shall be established to certify and differentiate between Cow and Buffalo Meat.
2. Sale of Beef be regulated with proper Certification.
3. Definition of Buffalo Meat shall be separated from Cow Meat "BEEF"
4. Sever Punishment shall be announced on violation.
5. Inclusion of development of Animal Shelters (Gaushala) on at least TALUQ level basis
6. Breed improvement (Not Breed conversion) and health
7. Cow progeny (products Viz; Cow dung, Cow Urine & Milk) based industries
8. Use of Bull power in Water suction, Electricity Generation, Prime Mover, cultivation, Transportation to save precious Petroleum and provide employment
9. Use of Organic Compost and Bio Gas in agriculture and rural development as suggested by the EX President of India Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam in Vision, 2020.
10. Strict implementation of Motor Vehicle Act provisions under Rule 125 E notified on 8th July, 2015 thanks to Union Surface Transport Minister Sri Nitin Gadakari Ji.
Letter on 9th June, 2014 Cow & itsProgeny - Suggestions
Hon’ble Prime Minister
Government of India
New Delhi ‘
Jai Gau Mata, Jai Bharat
We are overwhelmed by the glorious victory in your great leadership and tender our heartiest congratulations and best wishes.
Bharatvarsh(India) got independence in 1947 and after tough deliberations adopted Constitution of India and 1st Parliament came into existence in 1952. The Parliament is composed of 790 MPs, (Loksabha & Rajya Sabha) who serve the largest democratic electorate in the world; 814.5 million Indians registered to vote in the 2014 general elections to work and serve 1210 million population.
Though we have progressed leap and bound but still facing hunger, poverty, suicide, shortage of energy, water sever degradation of agricultural Soil, at critical stage likely to collapse, brutal unmindful killing of speechless animals etc
We, the group of persons, want to congratulate & think that it is right time to bring the several tasks on priority and requirements in the national interest to the NOTICE of new elected GOVERNMENT.
announced) we have72.95 million Adult Female Cow & 54.47 million Adult Female Buffalo providing 90% of RS.3278 million (Livestock contribution in GDP).
In this election manifesto 2014 also you have assured the protection and preservation to Cow progeny of the Nation.
After the independence more than 350-400Crore Cow progeny is estimated, slaughtered for the greed of money. Though as per National DATA we show the growth from 155 million to 195 million (in 65 years) BUT we can see the most cruelly loaded Cow and Calves Trucks crossing from Village to Tahsil, Tahsil to District, District to State and even international Boarders.
With remaining number, we can expect a Growth of 30% every year or say 60 million every year and in Geometrical mean. If we add Buffalo also the increase shall be more than 90 million. But this 90 million is purchased by RS. 45000 crore and a particular group gets more than 5,00,000 Crore/year worth of realization. Following Chart shows the trend of Live Stock growth / decline in last 60 year
As per livestock census 2007 as the following Table shows the onus of problem. We generated in highly unhealthy live stock situation also RS.3,27,800 Crore apart from unaccounted contribution to agriculture, transportation and energy to rural industries.
Pink Revolution V/S Green Revolution
App. 60 million Cow progeny & 30 million Buffalo purchased for app.50,000 Crore for slaughter & fetches app. RS. 5,00,000 Crore – Untaxed realization including app.15,000 Crore by Export.
Our losses :
· Adulterated Chemical milk playing with the health of New generation and Nation.
· Increased Cost of Agriculture resulting into Farmer’s suicide
· Excessive use of Synthetic Fertilizer, Pesticides, Pest Repellants have made our Crops poisonous.
· Excessive Use of Tractors, Tube wells etc have thrown out use of Bull power.
· Precious foreign Exchange is spent of import of Petroleum
· Loss to our Ecology and environment
· Loss to our employment
· Migration of Rural citizen to Cities creating heavy burden on Civic system
· Major quantity of Dung & Urine and total quantity of slaughter waste is chocking sanitation and raising Tank & River base like River Ganga and Tax payer money is spent on reclamation.
· Grazing lands are under liberal encroachment in spite of Honorable Supreme Court’s Directions
· The source of huge Carbon Credit, Prime Mover, Transportation, Energy, Drinking water, Fertilizer, Agriculture, employment, Women empowerment, Health & Rural development is madly slaughtered or sent illegally in violation of the spirit of Constitution of India.
Role of Cow Progeny in the NATIONONAL interest
Nature has created balanced Human & Humane world. Its best creation is called in our mythology as KAMDHENU ( The giver of all desires). Certainly, in the acute greed of money and in lust of showing supremacy on NATIVES Cow slaughter was started and is continued.
The present Bull power, if scientifically utilized, can solve national problems of Electricity, Rural & Inter District Transportation, Fuel, Drinking Water & can reduce cost of Agriculture, burden on foreign Exchange, provide employment, Health & Hygiene
Great Scholar and our President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam wrote on reducing Villager’s migration to Cities in Vision 2020 PURA (Provide Urban Amenities in Rural Area) and our Cow progeny, can do it certainly, if we develop Cow economy based Villages.
300 Million Live stock generated in 2011-12 127.9 Million MT Milk worth 3278 billion apart from app. 1200 Million MT of Dung, 750 Million KL Urine. A bull is equal to 8 Horse Power & present available Bulls stock can provide source of 800 million KW power. If used 8 hours a day, we can produce (800X8X300)=1920 billion power Units valuing App. RS. 10,000 billion.
Scores of items can be made by using Dung & Urine like, Soap, Shampoo, Phenyl, Paint, Tiles, Particle Board, Statue, Paper, Compost, Pest Repellant, Mosquito Coils, Hand Wash Powder apart from 170+ disease cure medicine can be produced in Rural vicinities.
Our indigenous breed milk is containing the A2 protein and Vitamin B 12. But not segregated or properly marketed. If attention is given on breed improvement & marketing, apart from value addition, the amount of 3278 Billion can be multifold.
Generation of 100 million number of leather is un noticed. Skin trade of estimated RS.3,000 billion, if monitored, can create huge value addition based leather industry for Domestic & International consumer & Industrial markets
As per Kyoto Conference Agreement, we are entitled for US$ 15-16 worth of CARBON CREDIT, If we save one Ton of fossil fuel. Our Cow progeny based projects are capable of bringing at least US $ 20 billion / year.
Few words on the Past
Several Committees were constituted like Sri Dattar Singh Committee who recommended in November 1947, total prohibition on Cow Slaughter with in 2 years
Nawab of Chhtari Maharaj Singh Expert Committee also recommended Dattar Singh Committee Report.
BUT Committee under Animal Husbandry Commissioner Sri PN Nanda in 1954 suggested that 40% Livestock can only be reared so 60% Live Stock shall be Slaughtere
Kendriy Gau Samvardhan Parishat, in its Mount Abu Meeting suggested under Planning Commission Member (Agriculture) Sri Sriman Narayan in 1962 recommended the registration of Milch animals and strict implementation of different Cow Safety Acts & Rules
Honorable Sri Atal Bihari Vajapayi constituted National Commission on Cattle to establish the importance of Cow Progeny, its prevention and Econonmic exploitation under renownedJurist Sri Guman Mal Lodha, Sri Rangnath Mishra and many experts. After touring whole nation, discussing with Social Workers, Breeders, State Government officials, the Commission submitted its findings and recommendations. This Report is a legend in todays scenario
Vishv Mangal Gaugram Yatra in 2009 was welcomed in 4,11,737 Villages and Cities crossing Relegion, Cast and Area boundries. Representation with 85 million signatures was submitted to H.E. President of India
In previous 15 Parliaments, learned Cow loving members brought the subject time and again. In 15th Parliament also several questions were raised by Sri Rajinder Agarwal, Sri Gopal Vyas, Sri Chandrakanth Khire, Smt. Sumitra Mahajan But erstwhile Government had only single helpless reply that it is a State Subject.
· Cow and its progeny:- In view of the contribution of Cow and its progeny in Agriculture, Socio Economic & Cultural Life of our country, the Department of Animal Husbandry will be suitably strengthened and empowered for protection and promotion of Cow and its Progeny.
· Necessary legal framework will be created to protect and promote Cow & its progeny
· A National Cattle Development Board will be set up to implement a programme for the improvement of indigenous livestock breeds
Honorable Prime Minister, Sir,
Issue of Safety, Preservation, Utilization of Cow progeny, needs involvement of several Departments. Undersigned is serving Cow progeny since more than 20 years, as a Law Student, breeder, Social Worker, Industrialist and as part of Union and State Governments. So, I take liberty in submitting Department wise views and suggestion ,as annexed .
National Cattle Development Board
As announced in the ruling Party’s Manifesto-2014, step of constitution of National Cattle Development Board shall be included in 100 Days Agenda. It shall be constituted as soon as possible with main object of Breed improvement But shall work as a Coordinating - Noodle Agency among all concerned Union and State Departments.
Ministry for cow Development
Honorable Prime Minister, Sir,
As more than 18 different ministries & Departments are involved apart from Union & State relations, A Ministry for Cow Development is highly suggested. It will work as a Coordinating tool and use of Cow progeny power, products& Waste for rural Development, women empowerment, youth employment and tremendous addition to national GDP.
A budgetary provision of RS.10,000 Crore in fiscal year 2014-15 (9 months) will be a moderate suggestion. Sir
If, we work together, it will boost our agriculture production, Export, and GDP by minimum 25%. It will provide employment to 100 million and also reduce burden on foreign exchange.
We request for the personal audience with our honorable Prime Minister, in his busy schedule, at the earliest.
With highest Regards
Dr SK Mittal
( Helping hands are more holier than speaking lips)
MINISTRY WISE SUGGESTIONS
1. Ministry of Agriculture & Cooperation
Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairy Dev &Fisheries
1. Cow progeny is served by two valuable Ministries i.e. Against Cruelty, Testing & performing etc by Animal Welfare Division & Animal Welfare Board of India is working under Min. of Env. & Forest and for Breed improvement, Policy making, Dairy Development DAH&D is functioning under AH&F Dept of Min. of Agriculture
2. As I have served for many years with Animal Welfare Board of India, I can say that lack of Coordination is seen in both. The 1st suggestion is the merger of BOTH Departments for avoiding duplication and establishment expenses.
3. Prevention of Cruelty Act, 1960 needs lot of amendments and improvement as it is known as TEETHLESS ACT.
4. AH&D Dept shall be strengthened, as mentioned in BJP Manifesto-2014.
5. Breed improvement needs tailor made number of Schemes for 36+ Cow & its progeny breeds for the improvement of Milch & Draft power.
6. Projects & supportive Schemes required for Cow dung & Cow Urine based production units, Electricity generation, Water lifting etc.
7. Cow & its progeny based Model Villages shall be developed by the Department with Women Self Help Groups & Co operatives.
8. Organic Agriculture shall be promoted in the interest of National Health, precious Foreign Exchange, Employment generation.
9. Khadi & Village Industries Commission, State Khadi & Village Industries Boards, NABARD,SIDBI like institutions shall be made available with their strong presence to assist the Cow progeny based production, Its development, Project financing, Marketing etc.
10. Union Agriculture Ministry shall co ordinate, guide and monitor the proper implementation of Cow progeny related Acts & Rules, Breed improvement Schemes, illegal Slaughter, Transportation etc
11. Operation A 1 Milk shall be launched
12. Organic Compost production and utilization shall be developed with friendly Schemes.
13. Genetic improvement programmes on indigenous breeds should be undertaken by creation, consolidation and modernization of Animal Farms so that quality performance data can be generated. Genetic improvement programme should be based upon modern biotechnology and molecular biology methods. Masters and Ph.D. programmes on quantitative Genetics and Genomics needs to be strengthened. Veterinary public health and human public programme needs to be linked under One-Health Programme.
2. Environment and Forest - Animal Welfare Division
· Animal Welfare Division of the Ministry of Environment & Forest looks after the provisions of Prevention of Cruelty to Animal Act, 1960. The Department was earlier functioning under Min. of Agriculture But one Honorable Minister used to keep this Department whether she was MOS Agri. Or MOS Statistics or MOS Social Justice and in last as MOS Env. & Forest. Irrespective of expenses, expertise or convenience. If desired, this Department can again be brought under Agriculture.
· Provisions of Prevention of Cruelty to Animal Act, 1960, which were framed mainly for small animals and punishments were also kept likewise, needs over all re-dressal. Crimes related to Cow Progeny shall be dealt with iron hand with fastest conviction.
· Bulls were nourished and preserved by the Villages as prestige village festivals or the Jatras. Performing of Animal Rules have become highly deterrent in name of prevention of Cruelty BUT actually, it is deterring the breed improvement and best nourishment of Cow progeny and needs re consideration
· Looking the number of Cow progeny or Milch & Draft Animals, & Gaushalas, etc Grant for Shelter, Ambulance and maintenance, unforeseen incidents etc are very less. Whereas serving DOGS is given preference. A separate BUDGETORY provision shall be made restricting the conversation or utilization of funds meant for Cow & Its progeny.
· Monitoring of Slaughter Houses belongs to Animal Welfare Board of India with out any effective control. More effective tools shall be draft & implemented to stop illegal, Cruel & Unhygienic slaughter.
· Pre Export Certification by Animal Welfare Board of India certifying that Beef under export is free from Cow & Its progeny, with Pre & Post Mortem satisfaction, Source of origin etc.
· During the rainy season forest-land should be utilized for fodder production in public private mode by involving local panchayats.
· Reserve grazing areas and water harvesting should be developed by putting small check-dams and creation of water-bodies. Road-side land should be used for production of fodder.
3. Ministry of Home Affairs
· Directions to State Administration for the implementation of Existing Union & State Cow Safety Rules & suitable improvement covering Complete Cow progeny, improvement in Punishments. They should be directed to extend full support, co-operation and protection to animal welfare activists. They should also be directed to immediately register FIRs, institute legal cases and ensure their speedy disposal, so that the culprits are punished as per law.
· A mechanism shall be developed for periodical Crime and restrictive steps Reporting.
· Co ordination meetings shall be organized to curb inter state Cow progeny related violations
· Para Military Forces functioning under MHA viz. BSF, CRPF, CISF etc shall be awakened and guided on International Cattle & Cow Meat Smuggling
· The Home Ministry should direct the States to constitute special squads in the Police department to check illegal slaughter, illegal transportation within the States and outside the State, particularly to Kerala and West Bengal.
· Prison & Jails are the place of punishment & Human development the establishment of Gaushala in different JAILS can achieve the aim. It can be source of Training and source utilization. Bye Products of Cow can be used as Cooking Gas in place of LPG and also uninterrupted Power supply can be ensured by Bull Driven Energy Sets and Bio Gas run Plants. Through this System, convicted can be provided training program for their skill development.
· Same patron can be formulated for the BSF, CISF, CRPF and other Para Military forces.
4. Law & Justice
To ensure Complete safety to Cow progeny, we need stringent, specific legal frame work with sever punishment provisions. Acts or Codes like IPC are more than 100 years old with same fine or punishments. Like RS.10 RS.50/- etc. Onus of proof is normally on the complainant & not the accused. So it needs urgent attention. Our Law Commission can examine in consultation with Cow lovers.
Some of the suggestions are here as under
· Early steps may be taken for a Parliamentary Legislation applicable to the whole country by repealing various legislations now in force and a resolution as contemplated in Article 249 (i) may be passed by the Rajya Sabha or action under Article 252 could also be initiated, and a central legislation on the subject could be brought about to achieve the desired objects and the common problems in different States could be taken care of by such common legislation.
1. In the Concurrent List, the following to be added:
A. Prohibition of Slaughter of cow and its progeny.
B. Laws relating to the movement of cow and its progeny from State to State.
2. To declare the Indian breeds as the national wealth of India and no slaughter of any native breed of our country shall be permitted at any cost.
3. Central Cattle Commission be permanently constituted, which shall have as representatives, at least eight Members / Directors, one each in charge of i) feed and fodder; ii) cattle movement; iii) on enforcement; iv) grazing lands; v) breeding; vi) research, analysis and development; vii) organic farming; and viii) veterinary medical services. Such cattle commissions should also be set up in each State
4. The Government of India must enact a Central Legislation for protection of cattle wealth and totally prohibiting its slaughter. The inclusion of the subject of animal husbandry in the State list is not a impossible hurdle to overcome. This issue should be considered as an issue of vital national interest and rising above politics, the Parliament must enact a Constitution amendment to bring the subject in the Concurrent List to enable the Parliament to enact the law.
5. In the meantime, all the State laws should be studied by a Central agency (if possible by the Law Commission) and they should suggest amendment in laws to bring about consistencies in definitions and other provisions. The provisions regarding definitions, scope, burden of proof, cognoscibility of the offence, penal provisions etc. should be made uniform. The arbitrary powers given to the Competent authorities (which are mainly veterinary doctors) should be withdrawn and some other arrangement must be thought about
6. In many State Acts there are a number of exemptions from the main provisions imposing complete / partial ban on slaughter. The exemptions are used more as rule and the very purpose of the legislation gets defeated. Hence any type of exemptions should not be provided in the Act.
7. Special arrangements to check smuggling on the boundaries with Bangladesh in the East and Pakistan in the West (Gujarat / Kutch borders) should be made. If necessary a section of BSF or Army may be entrusted with this responsibility.
8. The Government should impose a total ban on meat exports, which alone can check slaughter of cattle for clandestine export of beef in the guise of buffalo meat.
9. Express provisions for granting custody of cattle, which are seized while being taken for illegal slaughter, to the animal welfare organizations must be made in all the State laws together with provisions for payment of maintenance charges to these organizations.
10. Booking of cattle for transportation for any purpose by railways must be completely banned. The high cost of road transportation will act as some impediment to illegal transportation for slaughter.
11. The Government should come out with provisions in State laws for confiscation of vehicles (trucks/tempos) used by the meat traders for illegal transportation of cattle. Similar provisions for confiscation of vehicles, used in theft / smuggling of forest produce, exist in forest laws.
12. The Transportation of Cattle Rules under the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1960 should be strictly implemented and, even otherwise, the implementation agencies must be strengthened and oriented to the need for cattle preservation.
13. The penal provisions in the State laws as well as in the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act should be more stringent with higher fines and longer terms of imprisonment. There should also be a provision for automatic review of acquittal orders of the Lower Courts by a superior court.
14. Temples should not be permitted to auction the cows and calves received as gifts or donations from devotees.
15. There are so many scopes for the establishment of Gaushala in different JAILS. Bye Products of Cow can be used as Cooking Gas in place of LPG and also uninterrupted Power supply can be ensured by Bull Driven Energy Sets and Bio Gas run Plants. Through this System, convicted can be provided training program for their skill development. Same patron can be formulated for the BSF, CISF, CRPF and other Para Military forces.
5. Ministry of Defence
There is chain of 39 Military Dairy Farms with support facilities and availability of more than 200 cantonment areas. These farms needs to be modernized and should not be treated only as source of milk supply but these should be developed as great assets for undertaking large scale genetic improvement of indigenous breeds. These farms may be managed in public private mode and need to be linked with advanced institutions engaged in advanced scientific research under the aegis of Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology.
6. Rural Development
Jobs under MNREGA should be utilised for pasture land development, water harvesting. Gobar bank should be developed for electricity generation through bio-gas, manure manufacturing plan, vermin-compost and NADEP compost as consolidated unit for the whole village. Provision of Rs.50.00 lakhs should be made for making one model village per block on these lines.
7. Ministry of Railways
· Transportation of Cow & Cattle mostly from to West Bengal & Kerala has been seen in violation of Transport of Animals by Train Rules of Prevention of Cruelty to Animal Act, IPC 429, IPC 153-A, IPC 295 etc.
· We suggest the nomination of Member of SPCA in Zonal and Divisional Advisory Committees and pre clearance shall be taken for the allotment of Wagon or Racks .
· Number of Cattle are killed at Railway Crossings and Tracks due to negligence of Railway employees and also public.
· Measures to control these killings shall be developed with strict monitoring and sever departmental & judicial punishments.
· Fodder transportation by train saves precious lives. It needs favorable consideration.
· Priority shall be given in the allocation of Wagon and Racks Fodder transportation .
· This transportation shall be Free of Cost to the areas in famine and at minimum Cost in other cases
· Where ever possible, Separate Goods Sheds shall be planned for Fodder Loading & Unloading.
· Railway Stations & Trains are good source of public supplies. Milk, Butter Milk, Sweets Kiosks can be developed at Railway Stations.
8. Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Export of Beef is controlled by Ministry of Commerce. Our Present National Export Policy There is ban on BEEF EXPORTS Under Tariff Item HS Code 0201 10 00 0201 20 00 0201 30 00 Export of Beef of Cow Oxen & Calf is prohibited . But the following Statement shows that more than 75 countries have enjoyed the Indian Beef.
The Statement of APEDA shows Export of Beef to 75 countries and the year 2012-13 a quantity of 11,07,506.24 MT valuing RS. RS.1,74,128.93Million.
The problem is the flourishing illegal trade in whole country. Data available from APEDA are not coinciding with total slaughter in the country. There are mechanized semi mechanized slaughter houses who are reported slaughtering Cow, Calves & She Buffalos in the name of other animals. Targeted 1.5.million MT of Beef export need 15-20 million healthy Cattle. As they cannot sale bad quality beef, they are slaughtering very healthy Cow and Cattle.
The major States are UP, AP, Maharashtra, Punjab, Kerala, Bihar & Delhi sharing 84% of Beef Export. There Vehicles, on seizure in Gujarat, reportedly found carrying Cow Beef .
A strong Pre Export vigil is the requirement of the day apart from cracking down on illicit producers and Exporters.
Constitution of Cow Progeny based Products Export Promotion Council / Authority in line of Tea Board can give a boost in economic viability of Cow progeny. Our ND breed Milk and so many organic products can capture huge Global Markets if patronized.
9. Minor, Small & Medium Enterprises
· Civic, Pollution & Environment, Market, Taxation vigil and Norms as applicable on other Industry & Trade shall be applied on Slaughter Houses
· 2.Cow progeny based PANCH GVYA, Milk, Confectionery, FMCG, Leather goods, Compost, Pest Repellant, Particle Board, Bull Driven equipments for power generation, Water lifting, Cultivation, Harvesting, Goods & Human transportation shall be promoted with integrated Villages, Industrial Areas, Easy finance, infra structure tools with subsidy and Tax concession.
· Surface Transport
1) The most cruel and open violation, if seen in the Cattle safety movement, is Cattle and Meat transportation. provisions of Indian Motor Vehicle Act and the Rules framed under the said Act by the Union & State Governments are so well defined THAT if implementation is ensured, 95 % problem of Cow slaughter can be stopped.
2) As per the provisions, Animals can be transported in Specially designed Trucks and under number of restrictions. The violation attracts, Cancellation of Driving License, Cancellation of Permit, Confiscation of Vehicle, imprisonment & Fine etc.
3) The violation is visible BUT only to Animal loving persons and not to Transport authorities. More than 4 million Truck trips can be estimated in this heinous trade. They cross villages, Tahsils, Districts, States and even international Boarders BUT unchecked
4) Even in the case of seizure, and mostly on reports of Animal lovers, Drivers gets Bail & Truck is given in interim custody to the owner, without putting any restriction on its operation, transfer or Sale.
5) This unchecked act leads promote to rash driving, smuggling, and Anti national Extremist Activities apart from heavy loss to exchequer.
6) The prime reason behind the cause is highly illicit cordial relations between Law offenders & Law implementing Agencies. i.e State employees of RTA etc.
7) Each Truck each times carries 20-40 Cow or buffalo whereas the permission is for 3-4 animals even a 20 feet Container can not carry more than 6 animals.
8) Most of the Vehicles are owned by Cattle smugglers not present in organized Transporting business.
9) Any positive Action in the matter will bring happiness in Cow progeny loving citizen and will save precious Cow progeny lives.
A monitoring committee under the Honorable Minister shall be constituted which shall
a. Examine the present applicable Acts & Rules as made by different States under it
b. Work on implementation of MV Act in letter and spirit
c. Arrange Study and Coaching programs for the implementing Authorities
d. Issue warning to law offenders
e. Suggest the necessary amendments in the present Act & Rules in the interest of Cow And its progeny safety
f. Coordination with District SPCA, State Animal Welfare Boards & AWBI for floor level assistance
10. Urban Development
· We suggest the development of Cow progeny Hostels/ parks in the peri-urban areas. Castration of scrub bulls should be
· ensured. Civic Rules be properly amended for Slaughter Houses and Meat Shops.
· Huge Subsidy on Slaughter Houses establishment with utilization of different States Civic Departments is the present Policy. Slaughter House is not a social or religious affair but a Trade or Industry like many others.
· These establishments after the creation are given to butchers on lease of such low amount that a part time sweeper can not be employed. On the other hand, responsibility of Cleaning, Pre & Post mortem etc lies on Government Staff.
· This lack leads to illegal, unhygienic, unethical working. The 1st suggestion and request is, the amendment in Slaughter House policy and wastage of Exchequer money. It shall be treated as a normal MSME
11. Ministry of Health
· A close collaboration should be developed between veterinary public health and human health for combating zoonotic diseases. Model diagnostic laboratories should be developed for block level for monitoring and control of zoonotic diseases. At district level hospital Panchgavya department with MBBS should be arranged.
· The Cow based Treatment has been found highly effective, easily available and drastically cost effective. Health Department shall take appropriate STEPS for its academic education of different level, research and experiments, and medicine production.
12. Human Resources Development
· To initiate chapters on Cow progeny and science on primary, Secondary and Higher education and Syllabus in Text books
· Cow based Examination for different education level like Schools, Colleges & Universities
· Availability of sufficient printed and digital literature in Libraries Commencement of Technical employment oriented Courses in different ITIs aimed at preservation of Cow breeds, production of different milk, Cow dung & Cow urine based products, energy production and supply system.
· Chairs to study and develop Cow progeny shall be created in different Universities and qualification even up to Doctorate shall be awarded.
· The Cow progeny based Courses shall be included in IGNUs and open universities Veterinary Universities and Colleges in the country shall plan courses based on Cow progeny service, breed improvement & treatment etc
13. New & Renewable Energy
· Cow and its progeny is used as source of Energy since ancient days. In days of energy deficit, Bull Power & Bio Gas power can solve our National Energy short fall. In present scenario, we erect Poles in far villages BUT no electricity, Where as Bull driven alternators will produce Electricity in villages and will provide un interrupted supply. Apart from saving precious Cattle life, providing employment, earning CARBON CREDIT, It will save transmission infrastructure Cost and Transmission loss.
· The present Bull power, if scientifically utilized, can solve national problems of Electricity, Rural & Inter District Transportation, Fuel, Drinking Water & can reduce cost of Agriculture, burden on foreign Exchange, provide employment, Health & Hygiene
· Great Scholar and our President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam wrote on reducing Villager’s migration to Cities in Vision 2020 PURA (Provide Urban Amenities in Rural Area) and our Cow progeny, can do it certainly, if we develop Cow economy based Villages.
· 300 Million Live stock generated in 2011-12 127.9 Million MT Milk worth 3278 billion apart from app. 1200 Million MT of Dung, 750 Million KL Urine. A bull is equal to 8 Horse Power & present available Bulls stock can provide source of 800 million KW power. If used 8 hours a day, we can produce (800X8X300)=1920 billion power Units valuing App. RS. 10,000 billion.
· A mechanism with Panchayat Raj, Public & Energy Min. shall be developed with subsidy per KW generation.
14. Ministry of Chemical & Fertilizer
Farmers are committing suicide due to heavy cost of fertilizers, insecticide, Pesticide & Pest repellant whereas App. 200 million Cow progeny provides app. 1.5 billion MT /LT of Cow dung & cow Urine which can fertilize major cultivated area of the Nation.
95% of phosphorus for Indian chemical fertilizer industry is imported at a cost of over 2 billion dollars. Cow Dung contains up to 0.4% phosphorus as fertilizer for soil. Entire cow dung in India as fertilizer will not only reduce the requirements of pesticides in agriculture but also will save foreign exchange expense. Use of Cow dung as manure protects the agriculture and there is no need for insecticide pesticide sprays. This fact was confirmed by Dr Albert Howard way back in 1920, who started Agriculture research in India at PUSA a place in Samastipur Bihar.
The Fertilizer companies in the organized & Government sector can play a decisive role. We hereby suggest the honorable Chemical & Fertilizer Minister to direct these companies earmarking the development, production, collection & Marketing of Organic fertilizers, insecticide, Pesticide & Pest repellant.
Subsidy equitant or more shall be announced on Organic fertilizers. We are sure that it will reduce cost of production of agriculture and save precious foreign exchange spent on fertilizer import. It will prove our live stock highly economic viable.
A monitoring agency in the Ministry shall be established to monitor the implementation and getting the time bound feedback for timely policy update. A broad-based review committee be constituted at national level which should review the progress in the area of research and utilization of cattle products. The committee should guide the various research institutions, other organizations and departments involved for means of optimal utilization of cattle products.
Possibility of utilizing vegetable and kitchen waste in all the municipal areas in the country for production of vermin compost should be seriously examined and implemented wherever feasible. Such efforts are in progress in the city of Mumbai and advantage could be derived from that experience.
Indiscriminate throwing of plastic and polyethylene bags must be banned. A suitable systematic plan of disposal of plastic & polyethylene bags must be evolved and implemented. A public education program in this respect must be initiated.
Education programme for farmers concerning benefits of organic farming by using bio-fertilizers and bio - pest repellants must be started. Agricultural universities and departments and non-government organization may be involved in such programmes.
The useful medicinal products are available from cattle products. The drug control authorities in the country should, after thorough examination, include such products in Indian pharmacopeia so that their production and quality may be suitably standardized.
Use of estrogens and similar drugs increasing the yield of milk of cows should be banned for reasons of health of cows.
Utilization of cattle and cattle products (dung cake and biogas) as source of thermal, mechanical and electrical energy should be encouraged and subsidized.
15. Ministry of Finance
New Government is busy in Budget 2014-15 preparation and hopefully, presenting in the Next month. We request for the proper need based provisions for Cow and its progeny. We can assure that if, properly funded and monitored, KAMADHENU will not leave the government in any shortage and will reduce expenses on so many accounts drastically reduced.A budgetary provision of RS.10,000 Crore in fiscal year 2014-15 (9 months) will be a moderate suggestion. Sir
RASHTRIYA GOKUL MISSION
Government of India Ministry of Agriculture Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries
Introduction Cattle rearing has been a traditional livelihood in India and is closely linked to agricultural economy. India with about 199 million cattle (as per 18th Livestock Census 2007) has 14.5% of the world cattle population. Of this, 83% i.e. 166 million are indigenous. Most of the indigenous cattle (about 80%) are non- descript and only 20% belong to Indigenous Breeds recognized by National Bureau of Genetic Resources. The cattle genetic resource of India is represented by 37 well recognized Indigenous Breeds.
Indigenous cattle, in India, are robust and resilient and are particularly suited to the climate and environment of their respective breeding tracts. They are endowed with qualities of heat tolerance, resistance to diseases and the ability to thrive under extreme climatic stress and less than optimal nutrition. The potential to enhance the productivity of the indigenous breeds of India through professional farm management and superior nutrition is immense. For this it is essential to promote conservation and development of indigenous breeds.
The Rashtriya Gokul Mission aims to conserve and develop Indigenous Breeds in a focused and scientific manner.
Importance of indigenous breeds: During 2012-2013, about 45 million cattle were “in milk”: and contributed around 59 million tonnes of milk. Cattle not only contribute substantially to milk production but are also used as draught animals for agricultural operations and transport in rural areas. Most of the agricultural operations by small farmers are performed by bullocks.
Indigenous cattle are categorized as Zebu and are suited for draught power because of the presence of a hump. Indigenous cattle are well known for their quality of heat tolerance and ability to withstand extreme climatic conditions.
1 Studies of impact of Climate Change and effect of temperature rise on milk production of dairy animals indicate that temperature rise due to global warming will negatively impact milk production. The annual loss in milk production of cattle and buffaloes due to thermal stress in 2020 will be about 3.2 million tonnes of milk costing more than Rs 5000 Crore at current price rates
1 . The decline in milk production and reproductive efficiency will be highest in crossbred cattle followed by buffaloes. Indigenous Breeds will be least affected by climate change as they are more hardy and robust. Due to their unique characteristics of heat tolerance, tick and pest resistance, resistance to diseases and the ability to thrive under extreme climatic conditions, these 1 As reported by NDRI Karnal 4 animals have been imported by several countries including USA, Brazil and Australia for development of heat tolerant disease resistant stock.
Most of the Indigenous Breeds possess A2 allele of Beta Casein as compared to Exotic Cattle, known to possess higher frequency of A1 type allele
2 . Reportedly that A1 milk is possibly associated with some metabolic disorders like diabetes, heart diseases etc. and A2 milk produced by Indigenous Breeds does not have any such association
2 . Need for Protection and Conservation of Indigenous Breeds: Indigenous animals playing crucial role in the national economy through supply of draught animal power, milk, cow dung (organic manure) and cow urine (medicinal value). Crossbreds are more productive but their tendency to wilt under Indian conditions of low input and harsh climate, susceptibility to tropical diseases warrants the conservation and development of indigenous breeds. Some of the indigenous breeds have enormous potential to become high yielding commercial milch animals under optimal farm management. The pre-requisites for the development of a breed are:
a) the presence of a minimum base population and
b)a wide selection differential for economic traits.
The indigenous dairy breeds with potential for development as commercially viable milch cattle in a shorter time frame are: Sahiwal in Punjab; Rathi and Tharparkar in Rajasthan; and Gir and Kankrej in Gujarat.
If these breeds are selectively crossed with bulls selected through sibling and progeny testing the F-1 offsprings would be commercially viable.
In this manner the entire population of the breed can be upgraded in a few generations. The urgency for protection and conservation of indigenous breeds cannot be over emphasised. For instance breeds like Punganur, Vechur and Krishna Valley are rapidly declining warranting immediate attention.
Objectives of the Scheme:
a) To undertake breed improvement programme for indigenous cattle breeds so as to improve the genetic makeup and increase the stock. b) To enhance milk production and productivity of indigenous bovines.
c) To upgrade nondescript cattle using elite indigenous breeds like Gir, Sahiwal, Rathi, Deoni, Tharparkar, Red Sindhi. 2 As reported by NDRI Karnal
d) To distribute disease free high genetic merit bulls of indigenous breeds for natural service.
Pattern of Assistance and funds required during remaining period of 12th Plan:
1. Gokul Gram: Under this component it is proposed to establish Integrated Indigenous Cattle Centres or Gokul Grams in the breeding tracts of indigenous breeds. Gokul Grams will be established in: i) the native breeding tracts and ii) near metropolitan cities for housing the urban cattle. Gokul Gram will act as Centres for development of Indigenous Breeds and a dependable source for supply of high genetic breeding stock to the farmers in the breeding tract. The Gokul Gram will be self sustaining and will generate economic resources from sale of A2 milk, organic manure, vermi-composting, urine distillates, and production of electricity from bio gas for in house consumption and sale of animal products. The Gokul Gram will also function as state of the art in situ training centre for Farmers, Breeders and MAITRI‟s. Each Gokul Gram will be set up by and function under the auspices of the SIA/ EIA or in a PPP mode. The Gokul Gram will maintain milch and unproductive animals in the ratio of 60:40 and will have the capacity to maintain about 1000 animals.
Nutritional requirements of the animals will be provided in the Gokul Gram through in house fodder production. Disease free status of Gokul Gram will be maintained through regular screening of animals for important diseases like brucellosis, TB and JD. An inbuilt dispensary and AI centre will be an integral part of the Gokul Gram. Gokul Gram will also be set up near to metropolitan cities for managing urban cattle. Metropolitan Gokul Gram will focus on genetic upgradation of urban cattle.
Gokul Grams will have the capacity to house a herd of indigenous bovines with a herd size of about 1000 with 60% productive breedable females, and their “followers”, and 40% unproductive animals. Gokul Gram will be a Centre of Excellence and will maintain animals scientifically. Suitable land for the Gokul Gram will be provided by the SIAs/EIAs. Gokul Gram Management will be trained by State Department of Animal Husbandry in scientific management of animals using MSPs and SOPs developed by DADF. They in turn will train Farmers of the vicinity by organising farmers training programme in Gokul Gram. 15 Animals will be maintained at Gokul Gram will be identified using UID Numbers and tags. Data on each animal will be entered in the National Data Base. The Herd will be housed in eco- friendly sheds constructed in the Gokul Gram providing a minimum space of 10 square feet per anima along with provision of waste disposal. Calf pens will also be constructed. The entire herd maintained at Gokul Gram will be artificially inseminated using semen of elite bulls of indigenous breeds. Twenty percent of the herd will be replaced annually by the calves born in the Gokul Gram. Feeding of the animal will be done under the supervision of an Expert. Balanced ration will be given to all the animals maintained at the Gokul Gram. Nutrition will be provided to the Herd from high yielding, palatable and nutritious fodder varieties grown in house, augmented by additional nutrients. Animals will be tested regularly by the Veterinarian against Brucellosis, Tuberculosis, Johnes Disease as per the protocol for disease testing. Animals will be vaccinated against the diseases prevalent in the area (Haemorrhagic Septicaemia, Black Quarter and Foot & Mouth Disease). New animals will be allowed to enter in Gokul Gram after proper testing against the diseases mentioned in the health protocol. Milk produced will be stored scientifically in the Bulk Milk Coolers (BMC) after proper testing using milko-scan for milk fat and protein on the Gokul Gram site. The chilled milk will be procured by the dairy cooperative in case the EIA is a Cooperative. In all other cases the milk will be sold to a dairy cooperative society. Farmers and Management of the Gokul Gram will also have the option to sell the milk and milk products in niche markets at premium rates fetched by A2 milk of indigenous animals. Cow dung will be used to produce organic manure. About 3,280 tonnes of manure will be produced at the farm
and same will be used in the village for improving fertility of the soil. Later on the entire village will be encouraged to shift to organic farming 16 Bio gas plant will be installed at the farm and bio gas will be used to run efficient generators to produce electricity within the Gokul Gram. Electricity produced from biogas will be used to run tube wells and for other agricultural activities. Bio compost and Vermi-compost pits will be created to improve fertility of the soil in the village. Innovative products made from Cow dung like hand-made paper, mosquito repellents, heat resistant roofing tiles, dry and oil bound distemper, plant pots etc will be promoted and manufactured in Gokul Gram. Besides providing value addition, this will also generate employment in the area. Cow urine will be converted into bio-pesticide and bio fertilizers and same will be used in the Gokul Gram and excess will be sold. Cow urine distillate will also be sold to medicine manufacturers. After death the cow will be sold to produce various products. Milk products produced at the Gokul Gram like cow ghee, butter and various other products like sweets etc will be sold at a premium rate. FINANCIAL OUTLAY: The total capital investment for construction of cattle sheds; calf pens, irrigation facility, rain water harvesting, veterinary dispensary etc will be as per the estimates drawn by the State Government approved Agencies. In the case of equipments like Bulk Milk Coolers, Biogas Plants etc will be as per NPBBDD and extant norms. TIME FRAME: Establishment of Gokul Gram will be completed in one year. EXPECTED OUT COME: Conservation and development of indigenous breeds. Enhanced productivity of indigenous breeds: upto 1000 Kg/ lactation in Project area. 17 Increase in population of Indigenous Breeds. Availability of High genetic merit disease free bulls and surplus female calves for genetic up-gradation of non-descript animals in the area, thereby improving the physical quality of life of farmers of the region. Greater access to organised market for A2 milk and milk products and higher Farmers‟ stake in conservation and development of indigenous breeds. Enhanced productivity of urban cattle and shelter for dry dairies and stray cattle. Reduced Carbon footprint and spread of Green Power and eco-friendly technology.
गौरक्षा कैसे करें – एक योजना
· गौरक्षकों के दल का अपने क्षेत्र में गठन करें और उनके नाम, पत्ता, फ़ोन नम्बर आदि दो फोटोग्राफ के साथ लेवे. उन्हें प्रमाण कार्ड जारी करें. इनकी बैठकें आयोजित करे और गतिविधियों को लिपिबद्ध करें|
· अपने क्षेत्र में निम्नलिखित स्थानों पर दृष्टी रखें पशु मंडियाँ, पशु दलाल, ग्रामो से खरीदने वाले व्यापारी, कसाईखाने, मांस की दुकाने और प्राणी परिवहन में प्रयुक्त वाहन आदि |
· आमतौर पर यह वाहन बिलकुल ढके हुऐ और निरंतर पशु परिवहन करते पाए गए हैं| इन वाहनों के मालिक भी पशु व्यापारी देखे जाते है| इन वाहनों के पंजीकरण संख्या, मेक, रंग आदि लिखें, ऐसे ही इस अनैतिक व्यापर में प्रयुक्त गौदाम, कसाईखाने, आदि की पूर्ण जानकारी सुनिश्चित करें
· अपने क्षेत्र के पोलिस स्टेशन, तहसीलदार, पशु अधिकारी, यातायात अधिकारी, नगर पालिका अधिकारीयों क्षेत्रीय मजिस्ट्रेट के नाम, सम्पर्क सूत्र-फोन नम्बर , इ-मेल आदि इकट्ठा करें और लिपिब्द करें|
· अपने कार्यक्षेत्र के परिवहनकर्ता और उपरोक्त अधिकारीयों की बैठक रखें और क्षेत्र में होते हुए अवैधानिक प्राणी यातायात और व्यापार की समस्या सामने रखें और अपने दल की सहायता सामने रखें |
· अपने कार्यक्षेत्र में निगरानी रखें और अपने क्षेत्र के पुलिस ठाणे और अधिकारीयों को लिखित सुचना और एनी विभागों को इसकी प्रतिलिपि देना प्रारम्भ करें और इस घिनोने अपराध को रोकने, गौवंश को बचने, वहां जब्त करने और अभियुक्तों को गिरिफतार करने की मांग करें|
· देरी या कार्यवाही ना होने पर एक जागरूक नागरिक का दायित्व निभाते हुए अपने दल के साथ इस अपराध को रोकें और जब्ती और गिरिफ्तारी करें आपको कोड ४३ अपराध सहिंता में पूर्ण अधिकार दिया गया है जो ऊपर विधि विधान खंड में उपलब्ध है|
· अभियुक्त और पकडे गये वाहन और प्राणियों को नजदीक के पोलिस ठाणे में देते हुए प्रथम सुचना रपट दाखिल करें| आपकी ऍफ़ आई आर में आपका नाम, पत्ता, वारदात की पूर्ण जानकारी, स्थान, समय, पशुओं की संख्या, वाहन नम्बर मेक अभियुक्तों के नाम आदि और विभिन्न विधि विधान जो आपके क्षेत्र और राज्य में लागू हैं लिखने चाहियें. आपके सन्दर्भ के लिए इसका प्रारूप विधि विधान खंड में दिया गयाहै
· इस सुचना को लिखित में देवें और प्रतिलिपि अवश्य प्राप्त करें| महाज़र आदि में पुलिस के साथ सहयोग करें | महांजर के पश्चात् पोलिस इलाका मजिस्ट्रेट से इन प्राणियों को किस प्राणी संस्था में रखा जाये का आदेश लेकर इन बचाए गये प्राणियों का स्थान्अंतरण करेगी | माननीय सर्वोच्च न्यायालय के अदेशानुसार जब तक केस का निर्णय नही हो तब तक इनकी अंतरिम सुपुर्दगी किसी प्राणी सेवा संस्था को ही दी जानी चाहिए| आपके सन्दर्भ के लिए न्याय खंड में आदेश लिखे गए हैं |
· कसाईखानों और मांस की दुकानों के लिए पुन: उपरोक्त कार्यवाही करनी होगी | देश में गाय को पूर्ण सुरक्षा प्रदान की गयी है| इस विषय में राज्य के नगर निगन अधिनियम और प्राणी सुर्ख अधिनियम मुख्यत: सहायक होते हैं| प्राणी क्रूरता निवारण अधिनियम का कसाईखान नियम भी इस पर लागु है| कसाईखाने और मांस की दुकानों को इन सभी अधिनियमों में पंजीकरण करवाना और पालन करना होता है. क्षेत्र के पशु चिकित्सा अधिकारी और नगरपालिका से आपको क्षेत्र में चलने वाले वैधानिक कसायिखानो और मांस की दुकानों की सूचि प्राप्त करनी चाहिए |
· जो बिना अनुमति के चल रहे हैं उनको बंद करवाना आपका अधिकार है और जो अनुमति होते हुए विभिन्न प्रावधानों को तौड़ रहे है उनको भी बंद करवाना और प्राणियों की जान बचाना आपका पूर्ण अधिकार है|
· आपकी जानकारी के लिए उपरोक्त सभी अपराधो का संज्ञान पोलिस को लेना ही होगा यह सभी कोग्निजेबल अपराध है और इनके विषय में की
गयी रपट सेक.१५४ सी.आर.पीसी के अन्दर पुलिस को दर्ज करना अनिवार्य है अगर थाना आपकी सुचना दर्ज नही करता है तो जिला पुलिस अधीक्षक (SP) को सुचना दीजिये और धारा २०० के अन्दर न्यायालय में केस दायर कीजिये| न्यायालय के आदेश के पश्चात रपट दर्ज होगी|
· साथियों, अपने दल में पशु चिकित्सक, पत्रकार, क्षेत्रीय प्राणी सेवा संस्था व् वकील आदि अवश्य रखिये| अपने प्राणी रक्षा के निश्चय की अपने कार्यकर्ताओं की जानकारी के साथ पुलिश अधीक्षक को दीजिये| जिससे आपको अधिकारी वर्ग नहीं सता सके |
· आपकी जानकारी के लिए सड़क परिवहन मंत्रालय भारत सरकार ने वाहन अधिनियम १९८८ में धारा १२५ इ पारित कर जोड़ दी है जिसका पालन पुरे देश में अनिवार्य है | आपकी जानकारी के लिए विधि विधान खंड में उपलब्ध है |
· बेगुनाह कृषक, और पालने वालो को तंग नही कीजिये और अधिकारियो के साथ सहयोग कीजिये |
· गाय और इंसान गौशास्त्र आपके हाथ में है जो आपको विधि विधान और न्यायलय द्वारा पारित आदेशो की जानकारी दे रही है| इसके अतिरिक्त भी अगर कोई जानकारी चाहिए तो आप हमे सम्पर्क कर सकते है|
प्रश्नोतरी- कुछ प्रश्न जो हर दिल में उठते हैं
1.प्र. पशु व्यापार कत्ल परिवहन हत्या क्रूरता पर कोई नियम नहीं है
उ. केन्द्रीय और राज्य सरकारों के विभिन्न अधिनियम हैं.पुस्तक का विधान खंड पढ़े|
2. प्र, क्या अधिकारी ज्यादा व्यस्त हैं या उन्हें जानकारी नही है ?
उ. हाँ? जानकारी और इस विषय पर प्राथमिकता का अभाव तो है |
3. प्र. नियम विधान बहुत पुराने है फिर इतना शौर क्यों?
उ. विधि विधान कितने भी पुराने हों उनका पालन करना ही होगा |
4. प्र. अधिकारी पुलिस द्वारा सुरक्षा नही मिलने का सवाल कहते है?
उ. आपसी समन्वय के कारण ऐसा होता है जबकि सच्चाई विपरीत है
5. प्र. क्या विधि विधान असरहीन हैं ?
उ. गलत| लापरवाही और विभिन्नकारणों से इनका पालन नही कियाजाता है|
6. प्र . राजनीतिक प्रभाव इसका कारण है ?
उ.. हाँ लेकिन यह सभी प्रकार के जुर्मो में देखा जाता है | जब जनशक्ति समक्ष होती है तो यह नगण्य हो जाता है | एक्शन प्लान पढ़ें|
7. प्र. क्या साम्प्रदायिक कारण प्रभावशाली हैं?
उ. यह भी पाया जाता है लेकिन कानून कीनजर में सब बराबर हैं |
8. प्र. क्या गौवंश व्यापर गरीब रोटी कमाने को करते हैं ?
उ. नही वास्तव में पशु तश्कर उन्हें धमका कर लालच देकर कमाई करते हैं
9. प्र. क्या गरीब गौपालक पशुधन पालने में असमर्थता के कारण बेचता है?
उ. गलत प्रचार है| पशु मंडियों में गौपालक की टक्कर में कसाई के दलाल गौवंश खरीदते हैं|
प्र गौमांस उपभोक्ता के लिए सस्ता भोजन है?
उ नही | वास्तविकता में रासायनिक दूध आज समाज में व्याप्त हो चूका है और अप्रमाणिक गौमांस मानव स्वास्थ्य से खिलवाड कर रहा है|
10. प्र चारा उगाने को जगह ही नही है| अगर काटे नही गये तो इन पशुओं को कहाँ से खिलाएंगे?
उ. भारत गठन में उचित परिमाण में गौचर की व्यवस्था थी लेकिन अवैधानिक कब्जो ने समस्या की जिसको सर्वोच्च न्यायालय तुरंत खाली करवाने का आदेश देकर केन्द्रीय और राज्य सरकारों को जवाबदारी दी है| पुस्तक में आदेश पढ़ें|
11. प्र. मेरी नजरो के सामने जुर्म हो रहा हो और जबतक पुलिस आयेगी अपराधी तो भाग सकता है| क्या करूँ
उ.. हर नागरिक को धारा ४३ में अपराधी को पकड़ने की शक्ति निहित की है| पुस्तक का विधान खंड पढ़े |
12. प्र. पुलिस शिकायत फर्ज नही करती है तो क्या करें ?
उ. माननीय सर्वोच्च न्यायालय ने CrPC धारा १५४ में पृथम सुचना दर्ज करना बाध्य किया है| अगर थाना दर्ज नही करे तो धारा २०० में जिला पुलिस अधिक्षक को सूचित करें और क्षेत्र न्यायाधीश को आदेश हेतु प्रार्थना करें| पुस्तक का विधान खंड पढ़े|
13. ट्रक में छोटे बछड़े लदे जातेदेखताहूँ?कसाई कोनुकसान होताहोगा ?
उ. इन छोटे बछड़ो से स्वादिष्ट वेळ मांस मिलता है जिसका आयात भी प्रतिबंधित है|बछड़े का चर्मभीमुलायम होने के कारणअधिक दाम देता है
14 प्र. हम मांस की दुकानों पर गौमांस बिकता देखते है क्या ये जायज है? उ. राज्यों में अलग अलग नियम हैं अधिकतर राज्यों में गौ को पूर्ण सुरक्षा है बैल १२-१४ वर्ष के होने बाद अनुमति के पश्चात काटे जा सकते है जिसका पालन ना के समान पाया जाता है|अगर इस पर निरक्षण मुहर नही तो नाजायज है
15. प्र. वाहन में गौवंश या गौमांस देंखे तो क्या उसे रोक सकते हैं ?
उ हाँ. विधान खंड पढ़ें
16. क्या भारत से गौमांस निर्यात करना वैध है ?
उ. नही| गौवंश से प्राप्त गौमांस का निर्यात पूर्ण प्रतिबंधित है| जल्दी ही बंदरगाहों पर परीक्षणशालाएं स्थापित की जा रही है
भारत सरकार के विभिन्न मन्त्रालयो के बढ़ते कदम
सर्वपृथम गृहमंत्री श्रीराजनाथ सिंह ने मुख्यत: बांग्लादेश को गौवंश तस्करी को रोकने के लिए सीमा क्षेत्रो का स्वयं दौरा किया और निर्देश दिए जिनका आशातीत परिणाम मिला और बांग्लादेश – भारत सीमा पर लगे हुए कसाईखाने बंद हो गये वर्ष में लाखो गौवंश की जान बचायी गयी
वन पर्यावरण व् जलवायु परिवर्तन मंत्री श्री प्रकास जावेडकर ने देश में कसाइखानों को शहर से दूर करने को परिभाषित करने मे भूमिका निभाते हुए मुख्यत: मैसूर में लगते हुए आधुनिक यांत्रिक कसाईखाने के कार्य पर रोक लगाते हुए मंत्रालय के SIA RULES २००६ के दायरे में मांस परिष्करण उद्योग और कसाईखानों को लाया | गायों का दूध बंद होने के कारण बेचने से रोकने के लिए मुफ्त चारा वितरण और वन क्षेत्रो के निकट घास उत्पादन, गोशाला निर्माणहेतु अनुदान में वृधि, गोपालक को नस्ल सुधार कर दूध बढाने के लिए रु.१०,०००/- पुरुस्कार आदि योजनाओं पर विचार करते हुए प्राणी कल्याण विभाग में आमूलचुल परिवर्तन करते हुए देश में विभिन्न प्राणी कल्याण व् गौवंश कल्याण कार्यो में गति प्रदान की|
लघु उद्योग मंत्रालय में श्री कलराज मिश्र गौवंश आधारित विभिन्न उत्पादों पर योजना ला रहे है| लघु उद्योग एकमात्र रोजगार सृजन करने का और गौवंश की उपियोगिता सिद्ध करने का साधन है| खादी ग्रामोद्योग, लघु उदुयोग विकास आयुक्त, राष्ट्रिय लघु उद्योग निगम आदि संस्थाएं कार्यरत है |
गुजरात में श्रीमती आनंदीबेन पटेल के नेतृत्व में श्री नरेंदरमोदी जी द्वारा प्रारम्भ की गयी विभिन्न गौरक्षण
नीतियों को गुजरात गौरक्षण व् गौचर भूमि आयोग के माध्यम से हजारो एकड़ गौचर भूमि को
मुक्त करवाया| गौशाला और सम्बन्धित संस्थाओं को अधिकतम सहायता देने के लिये १००
करोड़ का बजट आयोग को दिया
साथियो, अन्य मंत्रालय भी मौन नही हैं| रक्षा मंत्रालय ने सेनी पशु फर्मो की नीलामी रोक कर एक अच्छा सन्देश दिया है |
ऐसा गौचर होता है कि यह तो प्रारंभ है माननीय प्रधान मंत्री श्री नरेंदर मोदी जी के नेतृत्व, मार्ग दर्शन में शायद सरकार हमारे इन शब्दों से अर्थ गृहण कर देश में पूर्ण गौवंश रक्षा विधान पारित कर, देश की अर्थव्यवस्था में अनुमानित ४० लाख करोड़ आय प्रति वर्ष और १० करोड़ रोजगार सृजन, ६,००,००० ग्रामो में विद्युत्, पेयजल, इंधन, प्राकृतिक उर्वरक आदि का का लक्ष्य निर्धारित करेगी |