OFTEN ASKED QUESTIONS
& SUITABLE REPLY
1. Q. There is no Act against Cattle Trade, transport & slaughter?
A. Union and State Government Acts and Rules are in force ANIMAL SAFETY LAW GUIDE OF KARNATAK
2. Q. Officials are over burdened?
A. Yes, but implementation of Animal Safely Law is also thir responsibility
3. Q. Act and Rules are very old why hue and cry now?
A. Perhaps, I.P.C. and CT.P.C. are more older than other Acts which are in use now also
4. Q. Police is not providing protection to other concerned Departmental officils?
A. Lack of coordination. As per Govt. of Karnataka G.O. No. 233/82 State, District and Taluk level Committees shall be constituted. Even D.G. Police Circular No. Has defined the same.
5. Q. Act and Rules are teeth less and ineffective?
A. Negligence and non implementation because very less conviction due to lack of through investigation
6. Q. Political pressure and interference?
A. Yes, but it is in all type of crimes, if, we can expose these politicians and prove our strength like AKGS could do by giving slogan SAVE COW GET VOTE. You can also achieve success in your area.
7. Q. Communal nature of Crime?
A. No. It is purely a Criminal activity due to heavy profits. Why a cross breed Cow yielding 10 ltr milk is not slaughter? It is because of its high value. Hon’ble Supreme Court of India has discussed and establish in its order Dt Nov,10,1994 in APPEAL No. 6790 fo 1983 WITH CIVIL APPEAL NO 6791,6793& 1983 (Civil pellet jurisdiction) AIR 1995 S.C. 464 CIVIL WESTY BENGAL STATE :APP. V/S ASHUTOSH LAHIRI & OTH. RESP) that even on Bakari Idd Day Cow Can Not be slaughtered due to any religious compulsion.
8. Q. Poor persons are involved to earn their bread?
A. No actually, ultimate beneficiary is illegal trader
9. Q. Poor breeder are selling their Cattle because they can not feed them?
A. Wrong myth. Actually due to presence of illegal buchers lobby, breeders are not getting good cattle for breeding
Q. Beef is a staple food for poor?
A: No. Actually, Synthetic Milk is penetrating in community and so called poor families are main victim of using this Urea made milk. Can we permit poison in name of cheap food.
10. Q. There is no land for grazing. How can feed, If these cattle are not slaughtered?
A. Government has left GOMALA Land every where. It is misuse of land. On the contrary due to illegal trade our villages are loosing job opportunity. Earlier, our village economy was dependent on cattle breeding. Today Synthetic Fertilizer, Synthetic milk, Bore well, and other mechanical activities have replaced Cattle and Bull power. But what Cost? Costly agriculture, Contaminated Agro Produce depletion of foreign reserves etc.
17. Q. In case I see Crime and by the time I approach Nearest Police Station, offebder will run away?
A. You are empowered to arrest the accused under Code 43 of CRPC. Arrest .: (1) Any private person may arrest or caused to be arrested any person
Who in his presence commits a Non bail able and cognizable offence, or any proclaimed offender and without any unnecessary delay, shall make over or cause to be made over any person, so arrested to a Police officer or in the absence of a Police Officer, take such person or cause him to be taken in custody of nearest Police Station.
18. Q. If police do not register the Case what shall I do?
A. Hon’ble Supreme Court has made it mandatory to register F.I.R. under CRPC Sec. 154: (1) Every information relating to the commission of a cognizable offence, if given orally to an Officer in-charge of Police station, shall be reduced to writing by him or under his direction, and be read over to the shall be signed by the person giving it, and substance there of shall be entered in a book to be kept by such officer in such form as the State Government may prescribe in this behalf.
(2) A copy of the information as recorded under sub-section(1) sgakk be given forthwith, free cost, to the informant.
(3) Any person aggrieved by a refusal on the part of an officer-in- charged of a Police station to record the information referred to the Superintendent of Police concerned who, if satisfied that such information discloses the commission of a cognizable offence, shall either investigate the case himself or direct an investigation to be made by any police officer subordinate to him. In the manner provided by this code, and such officer shall have all the powers of an officer in charge of the Police station in relation to that offence contempt of court proceedings: Many times in spit of clear Code and Rules, Officials arbitrarily refuge to book the complaint or compel the complainant to mild his complaint. Apart from proceedings in other Sections it attract contempt of Hon’ble Supreme Court’s Directions.
19. Q. I see newly borne Calves loaded in truck? Is it not a loosing proposition for a trader who will get very less quantity of leather and beef?
A. Veal is made from male calves. It is forbidden to be made in India. The Hotels are allowed to use only imported veal. In fact, with calves being starved to death just after they are born, there is reason to suspect that they are being carried for VEAL. Of course, Calf leather also tetches high ;rkce. So it is not at all a loosing proposition for a illegal trader. All legal provisions are applicable on this heinous crime apart from Indian Customs Act and Food Adulteration Act. For example. A hotel serving articles made form veal, if checked, has to show its source of procurement. And He can be booked under above Acts And Rules, if found using VEAL of local origin.
Q. There are shops selling beef, is it legal?
As per Karnataka Prevention of Cow Slaughter and Preservation of Cattle Act of 1964, Slaughter of Cow calf of a cow, whether male or female: and calf of she buffalo is prohibited. (sec.4) Notwithstanding any law, custom, or usage to the contrary, no person shall slaughter or person shall slaughter or cause to be slaughter of otherwise intentionally kill or offer or cause to be offered for killing any cow or calf of she buffalo) Other animal Animal” i.e. bill, bullock, buffalo, male or female, or calf of she-buffalo, whether male or female even above 12years of age or incapacitated are prohibited from slaughter without valid Certificate from Competent authority (sec.5 Prohibition against slaughter of Animal without certificate from Competent Authority. (1) Notwithstanding law, custom or usage to the contrary no person shall slaughter or cause to be slaughtered or offer or caused to be offered for slaughter ANY ANIMAL , other than a calf of She Buffalo, unless he has obtained a certificate in writing from Competent Authority appointed for the area, that the animal is FIT FOR SLAUGHTER (2) A certificate under Sub Section (1) shall be granted by the competent Authority after, it has for the reasons to be recorded in writing, certified that
21. we have provide compassion towards living creatures: as also in keeping with India’s Culture and Civilizations of living in harmony with all living beings in Nature: our culture and tradition of love and respect for animals life: and clear necessity to protect and preserved livestock wealth: and shall take steps with a sense of urgency to regulate the State Promoted massive killings of animals for export of meat, obtained by slaughtering of animals
22. Having given careful thought and consideration to Constitutional obligations as already discussed, in the prevailing scenario of scenario of entirely unregulated freedom of killing animals for greed based economic.
Ambition of few unwittingly destructive dimensions; And taking serious note of animals, with potentially environmentally destructive dimensions; And taking serious note of enormous silence of different Union and State Departments, when they had and inescapable duty, to share concern for animal life in general, and loss of livestock population in particular, in the Slaughterhouses.
23. Under the circumstances, we request you, Mysore City Corporation & Government of Karnataka to drop the idea of SLAUGHTER HOUSE in total for ever and crack down on illegal Slaughter places and MEAT shops in full vigor, in the interest of health, hygiene, revenue generation and compassion to Speechless animals. We will be glad to furnish further information, discussion in the matter, please.
With great hopes and warm regards
Yours in service to speechless animals
S.K. MITTAL. PRESIDENT
AKHIL KARNATAKA GAU RAKSHA SANGH®
MEMBER –ANIMAL WELFARE BOARD OF INDIA
(Helping hands are more holier than speaking lips)